Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Friendly Introduction

Hello Blogging World!

This is my first blog ever, so let me tell you a bit about myself. I am 30 years old and am married to my favorite man! We have been married for 7 years now and are still in love. We don’t have any kids right now, but you just never know what will happen in the future. I work full time in accounting and take online courses part time to work towards a Payroll Certificate and an Accounting Technician Diploma. From there I may continue on towards an accounting designation, but that is too far off into the future for me to see.

My favorite drink is a hazelnut mocha! In fact, that is the only form of warm coffee that I will drink. Mmmm, I can taste it now just thinking about it. It’s like drinking pure warm love straight into your heart.


If love was a beverage, I am confident it would taste like a hazelnut mocha.

I am starting this blog to discuss topics related to living life with intentionality, passion and balance. This is something that I have been thinking a lot about for several months. There are times when I feel like it’s impossible to balance my schedule and still have time to do things just for me; things that make my heart happy. I don’t want to just survive my life, I want to savor it. However, each year seems to fly by quicker than the last. I am afraid that without intentionality, I will suddenly wake up at 65 wondering, "What just happened?" and "Who I have become?"

Each day I wake up is a gift. I truly believe that. If my actions are going to match my beliefs then I need to be intentional about what I prioritize, and where I invest myself. I am often harassed for being overly organized, so it wouldn’t surprise anyone that knows me if they found a spreadsheet on my computer that mapped out my entire future - everything that I valued in life and what I want to accomplish in the next 30 years. Unfortunately, apart from some journal scribbles here and there, I can’t say I have that figured out. Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand the need to be flexible and adapt to what life brings you; however, that’s a poor excuse to not have any plan at all.


If I don't know where I am going in life, then how can I expect to get there?
       
I would like to take the time over the next few months to have a careful look at different areas of my life to see if they line up with who I am, what I value, and where I want to be in 30 years. I don’t want to let the chips fall where they may; I want to build a masterpiece, something I can be proud of. I feel like this is my opportunity to write my own eulogy. I know, it’s a weird thought, but if there are things that I want to be said about me after I am gone, I need to be intentionally living them out. Everything that we do in life is a choice with either good or bad ramifications.

I would like to finish my life, when that time comes, knowing that I was:
·        Joyful & at Peace      ·        Active & Healthy            ·        Loving
·        Compassionate        ·        Focused & Intentional      ·        Successful

Please feel free to respond with your thoughts on the topic. Is this something that you have thought about before? What would you like to write into your eulogy? And hey, while we are at it, what is your favorite warm beverage?

You can check out this link to a similar article about living life on purpose. I enjoyed reading it and you might enjoy it too: the-helpful-guide-to-living-an-intentional-life


No comments:

Post a Comment